Click one of the buttons above to move to that topic.
SECTION 1: Electronics 131 - Foundations Of Electronics
This section is designed to provide a solid foundation for the study of electricity/electronics by introducing the fundamental laws of electricity and electrical safety. It builds upon those fundamentals by the study of Ohm's Law, current, voltage, resistance, power sources, and DC measuring instruments.
Students successfully completing this section will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
1. Discuss and describe the nature of electricity and the force that makes current move from one point to another around a closed electrical circuit.
2. Discuss and describe proper procedures concerning electrical safety.
3. Discuss and describe the nature of resistors and their effect on DC circuits.
4. Discuss and describe electrical units and notations.
5. Discuss and describe the use of multimeters.
6. Understand current flow, polarity, and voltage.
7. Use powers of ten and scientific notation.
8. Define polarity and its effect concerning electrical circuits.
OUTLINE: Subject matter will be presented in the following order: